FHO Website Tutorials
To get logged in, type “wp-admin” after your main URL.
Uploading a Project
- Click on “Add New” Posts
- Type in the title then select “click here to attach images”
- Attach all of the project images, then find the main image and click on “Show”
- Once open, go to the bottom of the window and click “Use as Featured Image”
- Go to the upper right of the page and click on “Save Draft”
- You will then be able to add the project description in the main content area.
- Open the Project Info panel (if it’s not already) and add the location.
- On the right side of the page, select the proper categories.
- Optionally, you can select a post order. This is it’s position in the Category on the Projects page.
- Finally, hit Publish and it’s live!
Creating a New Category
- Categories are actually “Pages” so you’ll need to create a new page.
- Name it
- Select “Projects” as parent and “Projects” as template
- To select the main category image, down in the bottom right corner of the page, click on “Set featured image”
- You MUST select an image from the existing media library
- Navigate to the proper image, click on “Show” which opens up the image options, go to the bottom and click “Use as featured image”
- Click “Publish”
- Then go to the “Menus” admin
- Find and select your new page, and click “Add to Menu”
- It should appear in the Main Menu window to the right, you can organize by simply dragging the menu items to the desired location
- Finally click “Save Menu”
Adding Blanks in Project Category
- Each project category has 6 spots
- There are 6 “Blank” project posts, one for each location. Each “Blank” is pre-assigned a post order.
- If you need a blank in the 2nd spot, open “Blank 2”, go to the category area and select the appropriate categories that will have a blank in that particular location. Each “Blank” will have potentially multiple categories.
- For this to work properly, you will need to select a post order for each project in that category. An easy way to find them is, when you’re on the “All Posts” page, use the filter.
- People, like projects are also individual posts. So you will create a new post.
- Upload their portrait and their group photo
- Set their portrait photo as the featured image.
- Put the group photo in the main content area
- Open up the “People” panel and fill out the areas.
- Select the “People” category.
- Click “Publish”
- To turn off a project, select “Draft”, then click “Update”